Table of Contents
Our Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013, POPIA, legislation is the vehicle that that this policy follows.
B) Who We Are:
Eduplex is an international model for inclusive education with a journey of learning and discovery for children.
- Independent, Christian Private school with a Biblical world view,
- Parallel medium (Separate English and Afrikaans classes),
- Specially designed, acoustically treated classrooms,
- Excellent learning environment with interactive gardens,
- High academic standards with international assessments (IEB),
- Good balance between academics, sport and culture,
- Maximum use of world-class technology, with a
- High staff-to-pupil ratio.
When you access this website and use our platform, information is created on our side.
We will always respect the privacy of all user information and we do not circulate any details provided to us in the public domain.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our staff, contractors and agents who need to know that information to carry out, develop and improve our operations. Our people are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
D) Types of information we collect:
- User provided: Contact information (name, email, phone number, job title, payment information, and other info provided by you), to access our platform and use and pay for our services.
- Automatically collected: IP Address, user agent, and the referring URL. When you visit our website, we automatically receive your IP address and information such as the user-agent of your web browser. This information is provided to us and every other website that you visit on the Internet by your web browser.
E) What information we know about you:
We do not request or require you to provide personal information just to access our website. As noted above, we receive your IP address and user agent automatically.
Information we also collect from you are:
- Name of Learner, Parents, Doctor, Contact.
- Address: Learner and parents
- email address: Work and home
- telephone/cell number of Learner, Parents, Doctor, Contact.
- Id Number of Learner, Parents
- Parents Marriage status
- Medical aid and number
- Medical history
- Parents income if in need of financial support
F) About cookies:
The Eduplex website and platform may place cookies on your browser to identify you when you return to our website or log in to our platform.
G) What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies, they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
- We use aggregate information to understand how many total users have visited our web site and the types of devices on which they are using it.
- We use information you choose to provide in our website to sell our services.
- We only use the specific information you provide to us for effectively provide what you request and to correspond with you.
- We do not sell any of the information collected from you to any third parties.
- We may share data with our vendors and service providers to perform tasks on our behalf.
I) The difference between Personal Information and Aggregate Information:
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify a particular individual, generally understood to be information such as your name, physical address, email address and phone number.
Aggregate Information is not considered personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
We do not “amass” email addresses.
We do not require you to submit your email address, or any other personal information, to us to use this Eduplex web site.
If you use the information provided on this website to contact us directly, we will receive your contact information, but will only use it to respond to your specific inquiry.
If you fill out a web form on our web site, we receive your email and may store that email and associated contact information for up to 12 months.